Last night I threw this dish together as I had a pack of Tenderstem Broccoli that needed using up. I wanted to make something quick so my first though was pasta! I then remembered a lovely pasta dish I once had in Carluccios many years ago for a mum’s night out, it was just chilli, garlic and pasta from what I remember (this goes back about 8 years). So with that food memory my Tenderstem Broccoli, Chilli and Garlic Spaghetti dish came to be!
I called my family down for dinner and 3 happy dinners announced that the dish was delicious and in no time all our plates were empty. I’ll definitely be making this vegetarian/vegan Tenderstem Broccoli, Chilli and Garlic Spaghetti again as it only takes 20 minutes to make. Plus hubby didn’t even say where’s the meat!
- 350g Spaghetti
- 450g Tenderstem broccoli, stems cut into 3 pieces
- 4 tblsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Red chilli, halved and finely sliced
- 4 Cloves garlic, crushed
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Finely grated Parmesan or vegan hard cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the Tenderstem broccoli for 3 minutes (no longer).
- Meanwhile gently heat the oil in a pan (a wok is ideal) and add the garlic and chilli to heat through.
- Drain the Tenderstem broccoli and toss in the oil mixture.
- Add the drained spaghetti, salt and pepper and toss again.
- Finally serve with plenty of Parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese.
- For more Tenderstem Broccoli and vegetarian pasta inspiration you might like Tenderstem & Semi-Confit Tomato Salad from Fuss Free Flavours, Unami Roasted Cauliflower Pasta from Food to Glow, 15 Minute Creamy Pasta Primavera from Amuse Your Bouche and Brussels Sprout & Cranberry Pasta Bake from Foodie Quine.