It’s easy to lose track of how much you’re spending when out shopping for things you love.
Whether it’s a jacket you’ve been staring at in a shop window for the past few weeks or that impulse purchase on the way to the checkout, your tightly controlled budget can quickly be forgotten – and this doesn’t just happen on the high street.
With months of darker, colder evenings ahead, it can become all too easy for energy bills to rise far beyond the expected – especially as there’s no price tag to keep you in check.
So, I want to show you how difficult it can be to keep a track of your spending without any idea of how much things cost.
Below are pictures of my haul from a recent shopping spree and, what I want you to do, is tell me how much you think the total price comes to! I purchased things I use in my kitchen or things that I’d find really useful and would love to have!
- Stainless Steel Jug Kettle
- Smoothie Maker
- Knife Block and Set of 5 Knives
You could also win:
- Scooter Pizza Cutter
- Pie Funnel
- Mini Dredger
- Cat Tea Towel
- Cheese Box Grater
- Flower Bowl Lid
- Banana Protector (my daughter’s choice after her bag got covered in squashed banana!)
- Knife Sharpener
- Acrylic Salt & Pepper Mills
- Table Top Bin
- Lattice Pastry Cutter
So take a good look at this picture and tot up in your head how much you think these items came to.
The closest to the correct total will win all of the goodies while, for everyone else, it may be a good time to start thinking about ways to keep an eye on your spending.
Thankfully, for those of you wanting to get a grip on how much you spend on energy, help is at hand.
E.ONs smart pay as you go meter allows you to keep tight control on how much you spend on energy by showing exactly how much you’re using in real time.
All of which means you’ll have some extra cash to spend on the things you
This giveaway was won by K Loader who qualified by entering via the Rafflecopter with a guess that was nearest to the actual amount I spent which was £191.33. A number of people left a guess but didn’t enter via the Rafflecopter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and conditions
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Open to UK mainland residents aged 18 and over.
- Competition is closed to employees and relatives of Fab Food 4 all and E.ON.
- The competition opening date is 14/01/16 and the closing date for entries is midnight 28/01/16.
- One entry per person
- Entrants must log into Rafflecopter and leave a comment guessing the total amount the items shown come to.
- If more than one winner guesses the correct amount the winner will be chosen by using a random number generator built into the Rafflecopter widget and will be contacted direct on the email address provided. If the winner does not respond within 7 days a new winner will be drawn.
- The winner’s name will be available on request. By entering this competition participants consent to their
full name being available by request from Fab Food 4 All.
- The prize will be sent within 28 days of receipt of the winner’s address.
- E.ON reserves the right to amend or withdraw the competition at any time without notice or liability
- Entry to this competition confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these
Terms and Conditions.
- This competition is governed by the laws of England and any dispute shall be governed by the English courts.