Those of you who read my blog will know that I came into a lot of Greek Yogurt recently and had to drum up all sorts of ways of using it apart from just eating it! Some of my trials have been a bit hit and miss or need tweaking but this dish was a hit straight away and one my husband said he wanted regularly. This is music to my ears because it’s one of the easiest recipes I have ever put together, no, strike that, it is the easiest recipe I have ever put together.
I served this dish with red pesto pasta and a salad which worked a treat but feel free to serve with whatever you wish!
Step 1 mix the greek yogurt and other ingredients together (except the chicken).
Step 2 coat the chicken breasts and bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
Succulent and yummy!
- 4 Chicken Breasts (skinless)
- 250ml / 8.5 fl oz Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dried mixed herbs or 4 tsp fresh chopped herbs
- ½ tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 2 Large pinches Malden sea salt
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed
- 45g / 2oz Parmesan or other hard Italian Cheese grated
- Oil for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- Grease a roasting tin with oil.
- Mix the yogurt and all the other ingredients in bowl except the chicken.
- Now coat the chicken breasts in the yogurt coating and put in the roasting tin. Any spare coating can just be spooned on the breasts.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Serve with pesto pasta and a salad or whatever you fancy!