Chicken with Pesto and Mozzarella is perfect for a quick midweek meal. Oozing mozzarella, tomato and pesto sit o atop a pan fried chicken breast!
This recipe is great when you are in a hurry but don’t want to compromise on taste or nutrition.
I came up with the idea after making a ciabatta pizza.
While the chicken is frying I put the pasta on to boil and throw a salad together, et voila, a simple delicious meal.
More Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Chicken, Mushroom & Leeks in a Cream & White Wine Sauce
- Cajun Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken & Leek Pasta Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Italian
- Indian Spiced Roast Chicken with Coriander & Mint Raita
- Chicken Casserole & Cheesy Herb Dumplings
- Chicken & Chorizo Filo Pie
- Sweet Chilli Chicken & Rice
I’m sure you’ll love this simple Chicken with Pesto & Mozzarella so do leave a comment and rating below! You can even share a snap with me by tagging @FabFood4All on social media!
Chicken with Pesto and Mozzarella
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 Jar green or red Pesto
- 2-3 vine ripened tomatoes sliced
- 125 g ball of mozzarella finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive Oil
- freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat grill.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts in half if large.
- Fry gently on one side until chicken looks cooked half way up, then turn over and fry for the same amount of time until just firm to touch (with a utensil). Take off heat.
- Spread a heaped teaspoon or so of pesto on each piece of chicken and then layer on the tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Season and drizzle with olive oil.
- Put pan under the grill until cheese has melted.
- Serve on a bed of pasta (pour over pan juices) with a mixed green salad.