My daughter has been nagging me for a long time to make pasta salad because if we’ve ever have to buy lunch out, this is what she chooses. So one night feeling inspired I thought about what flavours would work well together and so my Chilli Prawn and Pasta Salad was born. I just love garlic and prawns and wanting to make the salad extra vitamin packed I added parsley and then for some kick I added the red chilli which all mingle so well with the avocado, peppers, spring onions and pasta.
I’m pleased to say the salad was a huge hit with its refreshing zing and we’ve had it a few times since I created it. You could play around with the ingredients upping the quantities and adding your own salad drawer items. One time I didn’t have any avocado so I used cucumber in instead. You could also add some halved cherry tomatoes or some toasted pine nuts – you really can play around with the components to suit your taste.
This salad would be perfect for a packed lunch too so why not make extra and save yourself some extra work! I do hope you try this simple but flavour packed salad as it ticks all the boxes in our household!
Looking for more salad inspiration? Then why not check out these recipes:
- Roast Pepper & Sundried Tomato Pasta Salad with Feta – Tinned Tomatoes
- Prawn & Egg Salad – Fab Food 4 All
- Italian Pasta Salad with Roasted Vegetables & Balsamic Dressing – Amuse Your Bouche
- Greek “Salad” Pasta – Fuss Free Flavours
- Chicken Pasta Salad – Hungry Healthy Happy
- Ricotta & Pesto Pasta Salad – Utterly Scrummy
I’m entering my Chilli Prawn & Pasta Salad into the following blog events:
- Tasty Tuesdays at Honest Mum
- Recipe of the Week at A Mummy Too
- Extra Veg run by Fuss Free Flavours & Utterly Scrummy hosted by Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
- Simple & in Season run by Ren Behan and hosted by Franglais Cook
Chilli Prawn and Pasta Salad
- 200 g Prawns cooked and peeled
- 300 g Pasta shapes
- ½ Red pepper chopped
- ½ Green pepper chopped
- ½ Yellow pepper chopped
- 1 Red chilli deseeded and chopped
- 3 - 4 Spring Onions sliced
- 1 Avocado chopped
- For dressing:
- 3 Heaped tsp chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. White wine vinegar
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed
- Pinch of brown sugar
- Freshly ground salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta according to instructions, drain and cool.
- Make the dressing by combining the parsley, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt & pepper in a lidded beaker and shake vigorously.
- Combine the chopped vegetables, chilli and prawns with the pasta, pour over the dressing and mix well.
- Serve with crusty bread.