Crispy Coated Roast Potatoes have a savoury semolina coating, making these potatoes super tasty and crispy!
This is my version of a roast potato coating that can be bought from that supermarket that boasts “not just any……”.
Why pay good money for something that costs just a few pennies to make at home I thought! So I came up with this savoury semolina coating which gives the most delicious Crispy Coated Roast Potatoes ever!
Once you’ve tried these I don’t think you’ll want plain roast spuds ever again!
My family thinks these are the best roast potatoes ever!
Bash the potatoes with the lid on until they look fluffy around the edges.
I do hope you try my Crispy Coated Roast Potatoes! For more potato recipes you might like:
- Potato Rosti Waffles
- ActFry Roast Potatoes
- Garlic & Rosemary Scalloped Potato Roast
- Syn Free Garlic & Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes
- Cypriot New Potatoes – Potato Galette
- Thyme & Brie Slow-Fried Potatoes
- Golden Turmeric Fries with Coriander & Mint Dip
Pin for later!
Crispy Coated Roast Potatoes
- potatoes peeled and quartered or halved
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 heaped tbsp semolina
- ¼ tsp caster sugar
- ¼ tsp onion granules
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (or the temp of your roast joint).
- Put the oil in an enamel roasting tray and put in the oven.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Drain the potatoes and shake in the pan vigorously with the lid on until fluffed up.
- Sprinkle the semolina mixture over the potatoes and shake the pan again with the lid on until well coated.
- Put the potatoes in the oiled tray and turn until thoroughly coated.
- Cook for about 45 minutes turning once or twice during cooking.
- Serve with your favourite roast.