So it’s January and the trend is that everyone tries to eat healthier after the indulgence of Christmas! Well I’ve never been very good at trends and with this cold snap we’re having at the moment I do think a comforting pud is just what’s needed right now! With all my bargain shopping I sometimes have to make room in my freezer by taking out something bulky to make room. Recently I took out a bag of 8 croissants and after eating the first 4 with jam we were left with another 4. I’d always wanted to make a bread and butter pudding type of dessert with croissants so after a rummage in my cupboards and fridge I came up with this Golden Syrup & Clotted Cream Croissant Pudding!
My family were head over heels with praise for my pudding and I have to say it was pure pleasure especially served with an extra spoonful of clotted cream!
Golden Syrup & Clotted Cream Croissant Pudding
- 4 Croissants sliced into chunks
- 4 tbsp 60 mls Golden syrup
- 75 g Clotted cream
- 350 mls Semi skimmed milk
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- Arrange the croissant slices cut side up in an oven proof dish.
- Whisk the eggs together and then whisk in the milk and vanilla paste.
- Put the golden syrup and clotted cream in a saucepan and heat through gently and stir until the cream has dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the egg mixture.
- Pour over the croissants slices and dunk them down under the mixture with a fork to ensure they are all coated.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes at room temperature to absorb the custard.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake in the bottom of the oven for 30 minutes or until the custard has set and the pudding is golden.
- Serve with clotted cream for extra indulgence!