Oreo Brownies – chocolatey, gooey and delicious, made with plain and milk chocolate with hidden miniature Oreos which are also used as a topping!
It was my daughter’s 13th birthday last Sunday and she knows what she likes when it comes to cakes and sweet treats, so this year she decided she’d like me to bake some Oreo Brownies for the occasion!
It was lucky that I’d decided to bake them on the Saturday morning because later that day we were to spend 5 hours in A&E when her cold brought on a bought of asthma. I wouldn’t ordinarily have gone to A&E but the Walk in Centre had closed by the time she agreed that we needed to get hold of an inhaler (as her last attack was over a year ago it’s not something we had in the house).
So daughter was well looked after and given oxygen and inhalant via a mask and was continually monitored before being sent home at 10.30pm with an inhaler.
Due to the high dose she’d been given we were given a sheet of instructions which meant that I had to give her decreasing doses over the next 5 days at 4 hourly intervals, including through the night.
This has not been fun for either of us but today is the last day of medication (hooray) and hopefully she will be back at school tomorrow!
I look forward to a whole night’s sleep! I had hoped to post this Oreo Brownie sooner but as you can see I’ve been a bit side tracked with a poorly daughter at home and sleep deprivation!
So back to the Oreo Brownies, we still managed to have a birthday tea on the Sunday afternoon and the Brownies went down very well. My daughter enjoyed hers with a Frappacino from her favourite coffee house (from the supermarket) as an extra treat. She thought they were the best Oreo Brownies ever!
Last year she insisted on a pancake stack with maple syrup as a cake so I can only guess what she’ll want next year. Hopefully it have a less eventful lead up too!
Do your kids ask for unusual things for their birthdays. Do let me know in the comments!
More Brownie Recipes:
- Creme Egg Chocolate Brownies – Fab Food 4 All
- Specunana Chocolate Brownies – Fab Food 4 All
- Carob Molasses & Tahini Chocolate Brownies – Kavey Eats
- Triple Chocolate Skillet Brownies – Supergolden Bakes
- Gluten Free Brownies – Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
I’m sure you’ll love this easy Oreo Brownie recipe so do leave a comment and rating below. Plus you can share your creations with me tagging @FabFood4All on Instagram or any social media as I love to see my recipes come to life!
Pin for later!
- 115 g self raising flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 75 g plain chocolate
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 190 g dark brown Muscovado sugar
- 100 g milk chocolate chips
- 16 miniature Oreos 4 sachets
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin with oil and baking paper.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa into a bowl.
- Place the butter and plain chocolate into a bowl of water over a pan of hot (barely simmering) water to melt, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Remove the bowl from the pan and allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, Muscovado sugar, flour, cocoa and chocolate chips mixing well.
- Spoon half the mixture into the tin, spreading it out evenly.
- Press 8 miniature Oreos in rows of 4 by 4 into the mixture.
- Pour over the remaining mixture and spread out evenly again.
- Decorate the top with the remaining 8 miniature Oreos in rows of 4 x 4.
- Place in the centre or the oven and bake for 27 minutes or until the top forms a crust and the centre is slightly springy and doesn’t wobble when shaken.