Pizzetta Toast - quick, easy and gluten free!
Pizzetta Toast is gluten free and topped with garlic, pesto, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, mozzarella cherries and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil for a really tasty light meal.
- 1 slice of Newburn Bakehouse Tiger Artisan Bloomer cut on the diagonal
- 1 garlic clove peeled and top cut off
- 2 heaped tsp green pesto basil flavoured
- 5 - 6 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 pitted Kalamata olives sliced
- 3 Italian mozzarella cherries
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- freshly ground black pepper
- basil leaves for garnish optional
Start by toasting your bread (if making more than two Pizzetta Toasts use the grill).
Rub the garlic all over one side of the toast.
Spread the pesto over the toast.
Place the sliced tomatoes in a single layer over the pesto.
Next scatter over the Kalamata olive slices.
Then place the mozzarella cherries on top.
Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and a good grinding of black pepper.
Place pizzetta toast under the grill until the mozzarella melts (about 4 – 5 minutes).
Drizzle with a little more oil if wished and garnish with basil.
Enjoy with salad for a light lunch.