Simple Prawn, Mushroom and Spinach Curry
A simple and delicious Prawn, Mushroom and Spinach Curry perfect for a midweek meal!
- 3 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 2 Onions finely sliced
- 1 Block frozen ginger & garlic or 3 large cloves crushed garlic + 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 ½ tbsp Medium curry powder I used Tikka
- 1 x 400g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 300 g Prawns cooked and peeled
- 250 g Chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 200 g Frozen leaf spinach 8 blocks
- 175 mls Coconut milk made with 3 tbsp coconut milk powder & 175mls water
- 2 pinches sea salt
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onions, garlic and ginger over a medium heat until golden, stirring occasionally.
Add the curry powder and heat through for a minute stirring.
Add the mushrooms and fry until cooked through (about 5 minutes).
Add the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk, frozen spinach and salt.
Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes under a lid.
Add the peeled prawns and heat through for a further 5 minutes minus the lid.
Serve with Basmati rice and your choice of Indian condiments!