Sweet Chilli Sausage Plait
Sweet Chilli Sausage Plait is a delicious mix of sausage meat, carrot, red onion, green chillies and sweet chilli sauce all wrapped up in a puff pastry plait.
Servings 4 - 5
- 400 – 450g Pack of good quality pork sausages min 90% pork, skinned
- 1 Medium carrot grated
- 1 Medium red onion finely chopped
- 1 Large green chilli finely chopped (seeds removed)
- 1 Clove garlic crushed
- 3 tbsp Dry natural breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce
- Ready rolled puff pastry sheet cut to 25cm x 30cm
- 1 Egg whisked for egg wash
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
Place the first 6 ingredients into a bowl and mix together thoroughly with your hands.
Place the pastry sheet onto baking paper on a baking sheet.
Place sausage meat in the centre and form a brick shape leaving a 3cm gap at either end.
Spread the Thai sweet chilli sauce over the sausage meat.
Cut strips measuring 1.5cm at an angle along both sides and trim the two ends to form flaps.
Fold one end flap over the sausage meat and then fold over the strips in alternate layers to form a plait, moistening the tips with water to secure.
Finish by tucking in the end flap and brushing the pastry with egg wash.
Bake in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes until golden brown and sausage meat is cooked.
Serve hot or cold.