SPAM Salad with Garlic Croutons and Gruyère
A delicious salad of romaine lettuce tossed in a garlicky french dressing with freid SPAM, garlic croutons and topped with Gruyère Cheese.
- 6 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Light Muscovado sugar
- 1 Garlic clove crushed
- 1 Small handful chives snipped (optional)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 Romaine lettuce hearts washed & sliced
- 1 Tub or can of 200g SPAM Chopped Pork & Ham cubed
- 3 Slices white bread crusts removed & cubed
- 3 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 50 g Gruyère Cheese grated (a mouli grater is best)
Put all the dressing ingredients into a lidded beaker and shake to mix thoroughly.
Heat the rapeseed oil in a frying pan and fry the cubed SPAM and bread for a few minutes.
Next add the crushed garlic and continue frying on all sides until golden.
Place the prepared lettuce in a bowl and pour over the dressing and toss.
Add the croutons and SPAM and lightly toss.
Garnish with the grated Gruyère cheese and serve.