Mushroom, Spinach & Chickpea Curry
A super tasty, fuss free Mushroom, Spinach and Chickpea Curry suitable for vegetarians and vegans:-)
- 3 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 2 Onions medium, finely diced
- 1 Frozen ginger & garlic block or 3 crushed garlic cloves + 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp Tandoori curry powder
- 420 g Mushrooms sliced
- 1 x 400g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g Tin chickpeas in water
- 240 g Baby spinach
- 175 mls Coconut milk made with 3 tbsp coconut milk powder & 175 mls warm water
- 2 Pinches of salt
Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and ginger/garlic and fry on a low to medium heat until the onions are golden, stirring occassionally (about 10 minutes).
Add the curry powder and fry for a minute.
Then add the mushrooms and fry until cooked through and any liquid evaporated.
Add the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and salt, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes under a lid.
Add the chickpeas and baby spinach and heat through for a few minutes until the leaves have wilted.
Serve with rice, vegetable samosa and mango chutney. Enjoy!