Spicy Black Turtle Bean Burgers
You'll really wonder why you've been eating beef burgers all these years after tasting these Spicy Black Turtle Bean Burgers packed with sweetcorn, sriracha and coriander to name but a few hidden ingredients.
- 400 g Cooked black turtle beans 200g raw weight (or just under 2 tins of black beans)
- ½ Egg lightly beaten
- ½ Red onion large, grated
- 2 Cloves garlic crushed
- 165 g Tin of sweetcorn
- 1 Slice of wholemeal bread whizzed into breadcrumbs
- 2 tblsp Chopped coriander leaf I used frozen
- 50 g Extra mature Cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce or to taste hot chilli sauce
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- Flour for dusting
- 125 mls Rapeseed oil
Put 300g of the beans in a bowl and blend to a paste with a stick blender (or use a food blender).
Next mix in beaten egg and grated onion to loosen the mixture.
The add all the other ingredients (except the oil) including the rest of the black beans and mix well with a wooden spoon until you have a large ball of paste.
Divide the paste into 4 equal portions and make into patties on a well floured surface to coat the burgers.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry for 5 – 8 minutes per side until cooked through and golden.
Serve with extra sriracha sauce, burger buns and a salad.