Flavours of Brazil Turkey Burgers
The Flavours of Brazil Turkey Burgers combine turkey, black turtle beans, jalepenos, smoked paprika, cumin, lime juice and cheddar cheese which are then finished off with bacon, pineapple and BBQ sauce for the perfect flavour combination and BBQ treat! Did I mention they’re healthy too!
- For burgers:
- 500 g Minced Turkey Steak or Thigh
- 4 tbsp Red onion finely chopped
- 50 g Black Turtle Beans soaked night before & cooked according to instructions
- 4 -5 Green jalapeno slices from a jar finely chopped
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 50 g Extra mature cheddar cheese grated
- 1 ½ tsp Lime juice
- ½ Knorr Garlic Flavour Pot or 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- For topping:
- 6 Rashers of back bacon
- 6 Thin slices fresh pineapple cored
- 6 Burger buns
- Shredded Iceberg lettuce
- Colman’s Fiery BBQ Chilli Sauce
Place all the burger ingredients in a bowl and mix well with your hands.
Divide into 6 equal patties (I place 1/6th burger mince in a 10cm cookie cutter and spread out to get the perfect burger shape).
Place the burgers in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
Cook the burgers, bacon and pineapple slices on the BBQ for as long as necessary.
Place cooked elements on a dish covered in foil once cooked and allow burgers to rest for a few minutes.
Toast the burger buns on the BBQ.
Assemble the burgers by adding a layer of mayonnaise, shredded lettuce, the turkey burger, bacon rasher, slice of pineapple and a drizzle of Chilli BBQ Sauce, top with bun lid and enjoy!
Serve with salads of your choice and or French Fries!