Monday Pie is a kind of hot pot which provides tasty mid-week comfort food that’s sure to please your hungry family.
- 475 g potatoes thinly sliced
- 250 - 350 g cold roast beef chopped into 1cm cubes
- 2 onions medium sized, finely chopped
- 75 g mushrooms finely chopped
- 420 g tin of baked beans
- 400 g tin of Chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp gravy powder
- 1 tsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 100 g Cheddar cheese grated
- salt & freshly ground pepper
Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
Par-boil the potato slices in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes.
Mix all the other ingredients together except the Cheddar.
Put in a dish and cover with potato slices.
Bake in oven for 30 minutes and then cover with grated Cheddar.
Return to oven for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted and going golden.
Serve with vegetables of your choice.