Rhubarb & Ginger Cake
A delicious Rhubarb and Ginger Cake with a toasted almond topping.
Servings 10 Slices
- 230 g Rhubarb chopped into 1.5cm pieces
- 30 g Almonds finely chopped
- 150 g Butter softened or Flora Buttery (which I used)
- 150 g Dark brown muscovado sugar
- 30 g Crystallised Ginger minced in a herb chopper or finely chopped
- 150 g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Large eggs
Preheat oven to 190°C.
Butter and flour a large loaf tin (21.5cm x 11.5cm x 6cm).
Sprinkle chopped almonds into base.
Whisk butter and sugar together until creamy
Add the eggs beating in one at a time. Don’t worry if the mixture splits.
Beat in the minced ginger.
Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold in gradually.
Fold in the rhubarb.
Place mixture into the loaf tin and spread out evenly with a spatula.
Bake in the middle of the oven for about 50 minutes or until cake springs back to touch in the centre or a scewer comes out clean.