In collaboration with Schwartz
I’m very excited to bring you this Curried Parsnip and Coriander Soup that I’ve made in association with Schwartz. I do believe that using quality spices in your cooking is a great way to ensure success and Schwartz never let me down when it comes to taste! This delicious soup makes use of Schwartz Mild Curry Powder and Cumin which add just the perfect mild heat and together with the red chilli, leaf coriander and coconut milk your taste buds are in for a treat.
Now that spring is here and the sun has started making an appearance I can start serving soup with some cold food in the evenings as lighter meals seem to go with lighter evenings! But whether you want to have this soup as a lunch or dinner it is a total winner, my whole family absolutely loved it. I do high five myself when meals are a hit with everyone as my family all have very individual tastes so sometimes I have to pick meals that will please one side of the family and not the other and then serve a meal that pleases the other half the following night! I of course am not fussy at all and will eat everything with the exception of blue cheese, but I have discovered it’s okay if melted into a blue cheese sauce for steak!
Do you have a family of fussy eaters and how do you get around it? I once read that if you give a child something 20 times they will eventually like it and I have to stay this is true of my daughter who used to shun the taste of chilli and curry when younger but now she loves them!
Curried Parsnip and Coriander Soup
- 40 g Butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 1 Red chilli de-seeded & finely chopped
- 1 Large garlic clove crushed
- 1 Large red onion finely chopped
- 700 g Parsnips roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Schwartz Mild Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Schwartz Ground Cumin
- 1.2 L Chicken or vegetable stock
- 35 g Coconut milk powder mixed with 150 ml warm water
- 15 g Coriander leaves & stalks, chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Extra chopped coriander leaves
- Melt the butter and oil in a large pan over a low to medium heat.
- Add the chilli, garlic, onion and parsnips mixing well.
- Sweat the vegetables under a lid for 10 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Turn up the heat and add the ground cumin and mild curry powder stirring for a couple of minutes.
- Add the stock and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat to a simmer and cook under a lid for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the coconut milk and coriander before blending the soup (adjusting seasoning if necessary).
- Re-heat and serve with chopped coriander leaves to garnish and flat or crusty bread.
So once you’ve made my Curried Parsnip and Coriander Soup you might like to try one of these recipes using Schwartz spices:
Smoked Cheddar Stuffed Aberdeen Angus Burgers with Caramelised Onions – Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
Lemony Lintuine Pangrattato – The Veg Space
Braised Red Cabbage – Tin & Thyme
Quick & Easy Spicy Garlic Chicken Spaghetti – Fuss Free Flavours
NB: This is a commissioned post for Schwartz and all opinions are my own.