Smoked Mackerel Pâté is super tasty and healthy and great as a spread or a dip! Made with fresh smoked mackerel, cream cheese, horseradish sauce and lemon juice, you’ll be making this again and again!
I’m always trying to make sure my family gets a weekly dose or two of oily fish as they are said to help protect against cardiovascular disease, prostate cancer, age-related vision loss and dementia.
Oily fish are a good source of vitamin D, protein, some B vitamins and selenium. They’re also a rich source of omega-3, a type of fat good for our health. So when I saw a packet of smoked mackerel on my last shopping trip I got the urge to make some smoked mackerel pâté.
We had our pâté with some wholemeal pittas and cucumber but it would also be great served as a dip with crudités, bread sticks or my Chia & Sesame Seed Crackers.
For more recipe inspiration using smoked mackerel check out these recipes:
- Creamy Leek, Spinach & Smoked Mackerel Savoury Crumble
- Easy Smoked Mackerel Fish Cakes
- Smoked Mackerel, Broccoli and Plantain Stirfry
- Smoked Mackerel Kedgeree
- Mackerel Salad with Beetroot, Apple & Walnut
- Warm Couscous, Roast Potato & Smoked Mackerel Salad
Pin for later!
Smoked Mackerel Pâté
- 200 g smoked mackerel fillets skin removed
- 90 g cream cheese half a small tub
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp creamed horseradish sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- Break up the mackerel fillets and place them and all the other ingredients into a blender and whizz until evenly mixed. (I use my stick blender and beaker).
- Serve as a filling for pittas, sandwiches etc or as a dip.