Raspberry, Almond & White Chocolate Muffins are made with a mixture of flour and ground almonds to make them utterly moist and delicious!
It probably hasn’t escaped your notice that it will be Mother’s Day on Sunday 15th March so I thought I would make some muffins that children could bake for or with their mums.
When I think of mums I think of pink so the raspberries that were sitting in my freezer came to mind. Then there was the abundance of ground and flaked almonds left over from Christmas which I thought would go perfectly and finally white chocolate to contrast the tartness of the raspberries!
My husband doesn’t eat berries and my daughter when she heard I’d baked said “great, it doesn’t have fruit in it though”? But who wolfed down 2 muffins in the same day, yep, they did as well as myself and my son!
I’ve never had ground almonds in a muffin before but they give a lovely hint of marzipan flavour and as everyone who knows me will tell you, I’m a huge marzipan fan. My experiment with using half ground almonds instead of flour has inspired me to explore other cake ideas so watch this space!
Have you created a fabulous cake or cakes recipe whilst trying to clear out your cupboards etc? Do let me know in the comments below!
More Fruity Muffins Recipes
- Easy Lemon Curd Muffins
- Blueberry, Banana & White Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Blackberry, Apple & Speculaas Muffins
- Strawberry Banocolate Muffins – Strawberry, Banana & Chocolate Muffins
- Parsnip, Pear and Rosemary Muffins
- Smurfy Smurfberry Muffins
As these Raspberry, Almond & White Chocolate Muffins used up a glut of ingredients that were in danger of going out of date I’m entering them into No Waste Food Challenge over at Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary.
I’m sure you’ll love these delicious raspberry muffins.
Do leave a comment and rating below when you make them. You can also share your creations with me by tagging @FabFood4All
Raspberry, Almond & White Chocolate Muffins
- 150 g Plain flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 150 g Ground almonds
- 2 tsp Vanilla sugar
- 200 g Frozen raspberries
- 150 g Caster sugar
- 100 g White chocolate chopped into small chunks
- 2 Large eggs lightly beaten
- 150 ml Light olive oil
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- 2 handfuls flaked almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 180⁰C.
- Line 2 muffin trays with 18 muffin cases.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl and then mix in the ground almonds.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, oil and yogurt.
- To the flour mixture add the sugar, vanilla sugar, raspberries and chocolate chunks mixing well.
- Add the oil mixture and mix in with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture in the muffin cases and top with a few flaked almond.
- Bake in oven for 25 – 27 minutes until spring back to the touch.
- Allow to cool for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.