Blueberry, Banana & White Chocolate Chip Muffins with white chocolate drizzle are beautifully moist, fruity and delicious!
Today I made these Blueberry, Banana & White Chocolate Chip Muffins which would be perfect for kids (or grown-ups) to make for Mother’s Day. It turns out I have made similar before but these have a white chocolate drizzle glaze so look prettier and more befitting a special occasion!
My kids keep asking me what I want for Mother’s Day and I have asked for the same thing, a pie bird, for a few years now so I’m hoping (now I’ve told my son where he can get it) that this will be the year!
As my daughter is a gifted artist I have asked her to draw or paint me something as a picture from her is far better than anything money can buy (apart from the pie bird or course).
The fixation with the pie bird comes from memories of going for lunch at my grandmother’s house as a kid and I was always totally fascinated with this funny looking thing seemingly whistling from the middle of whatever we were having. So I want one just for nostalgia’s sake!
Another gift I always enjoy giving and receiving is spring bedding plants, nothing cheers the soul like a tub full of beautiful flowers. Though these days I wish I had someone to plant them as I seem to have less and less time for the garden. I may be guilty of having a tray of pansies in my back garden that never got planted last autumn – oops!
Anyway back to the blueberry muffins, my hubby (who doesn’t like or ever eat blueberries) loved them and my son gave them 10 out of 10, I forgot to ask my daughter but as she ate 2 I think that’s another thumbs up!
More Cake Recipes suitable for Mother’s Day
- Easy Iced Lime Cake – Fab Food 4 All
- Banana Cake – Fab Food 4 All
- Walnut Mocha Torte – Fab Food 4 All
- Victoria Sandwich – Fab Food 4 All
- Easy Lemon Curd Muffins with Lemon Curd Dimple – Fab Food 4 All
- Passion Fruit Bundt Cake with Passion Fruit Syrup – Recipes from a Pantry
- Lavender Honey Cake with a Scent of Lemon & Honey Cream Cheese Icing – Tin & Thyme
- Gin Ginger Cake – Thinly Spread
- Chocolate Caramel Mars Bar Cake – Something Sweet Something Savoury
I do hope you try my easy blueberry muffins recipe or drop a hint to your kids to make them for you on Mother’s Day as I’m sure you’ll love them. Do tell me in the comments what you like to receive on Mother’s Day or what your favourite cake is!
Don’t forget to share your creations with me on social media tagging @FabFood4All as I love to see my recipes come to life. Do leave a comment below too!
Wishing all mums out there a Happy Mother’s Day on Sunday!
Pin for later!
Blueberry, Banana & White Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 240 g plain flour
- 175 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 125 ml light olive oil
- 125 ml fat free Greek style yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed (about 180 ml)
- 160 g frozen blueberries
- 100 g white chocolate chopped into chips
- For white chocolate drizzle:
- 100 g white chocolate
- 10 ml light olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place 16 muffin cases in 2 muffin trays.
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Then mix into the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the bananas, blueberries and white chocolate chips until evenly mixed.
- Fill the muffin cases two thirds full with the mixture.
- Bake for 22 – 25 minutes or until a cocktail stick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then put on a wire rack to cool fully.
- To make the white chocolate drizzle, melt the white chocolate in bowl over a pan of barely simmering water together with the oil.
- Once the muffins are cool, drizzle the chocolate over the muffins with a spoon.
- Allow the drizzle to set (if you can wait) and serve!