Blueberry, Banana and White Chocolate Muffins are divinely moist and delicious! For a more fancy version head over to my Blueberry, Banana & White Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe with a white chocolate drizzle!
In honour of Mother’s Day I thought I would bake Blueberry, Banana and White Chocolate Muffins which having had a road test in our house, went down very well (even with a certain person who says they don’t like blueberries). I always think if you can put fruit like bananas and blueberries in cake then you don’t need to feel nearly as guilty eating it, plus when it tastes this good it’s the perfect win win situation. I won’t pretend these are the muffins I’d planned to make though!
I really need to take a leaf out of Mary Berry’s book who said recently that she has a secret hiding place for her cooking chocolate!
I went to my cupboard and discovered that several bars had diminished to a lonely bar of white chocolate so that was my first change.
Then the raspberries I’d planned to use had freezer burn so they were crossed off my ingredient list.
Finally I was out of fancy paper muffin cases – all in all I was now wondering if I was meant to bake at all.
A quick rummage in the freezer found some blueberries that I’d frozen and I found some plain muffin cases so all was not lost. Then it dawned on me that I was very low on baking powder but luckily there was just 1 teaspoon left. Talk about flying by the seat of your pants!
Anyway the combination of Blueberries, Banana and White Chocolate proved to be a winning one so maybe some things are just meant to be!
Have you had to change a cake recipe like this and it worked out well. Do let me know in the comments section below.
As these Blueberry, Banana and White Chocolate Muffins are totally made from scratch I’m entering them into Javelin Warrior’s Made with Love Mondays challenge. I am also entering them into the No Waste Food Challenge run by Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary and this month hosted by Chris from Cooking Around the World as I froze my bargain blueberries to stop them from perishing when I didn’t get round to using them at Christmas.
PS: Dad, if you’re reading this – don’t show mum!
Pin for later!
Blueberry, Banana and White Chocolate Muffins
- 240 g Plain flour
- 175 g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 125 ml Light olive oil
- 125 ml Fat free Greek style yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla paste
- 2 - 3 Medium mashed ripe bananas 250ml
- 160 g Frozen blueberries
- 100 g White chocolate chopped into chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place 18 muffin cases in 2 muffin trays.
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, mix well.
- In smaller bowl, whisk the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla paste.
- Stir this into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fold in the bananas, blueberries and white chocolate.
- Fill muffin cases two thirds full.
- Bake for 22 – 25 minutes or until a cocktail stick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then put on a wire rack to cool fully.