I often daydream about food and for the last few days I’ve been imagining these Smokey Maple Roasted Chickpeas cooked in the ActiFry. I was actually thinking of a maple cured bacon flavour but settled with using smoked paprika instead which worked really well, hubby actually thought that the chickpeas were bacon flavoured!
As Valentines Day isn’t far away I thought these Smokey Maple Roasted Chickpeas would be the perfect nibble to impress your loved one with a pre-dinner drink. They are both vegan and gluten free so should suit most tastes. The outer shell is crispy and the middle slightly soft with a sweet, salty, smokey vibe. When my son came back from college he polished off the rest and said “these are really good mum”! What higher recommendation could there be;-)
I do hope you try these healthy chickpea nibbles as they are so easy to make and far better than anything you could buy. For more inspiration you might like these recipes:
Spiced Almonds – Fab Food 4 All
Sweet & Spicy Roasted Chickpeas – Fab Food 4 All
Dehydrated Kale Chips with Chilli – Planet Veggie
Paprika Spiced Mixed Nuts – Farmersgirl Kitchen
Rosemary & Smoked Sea Salt Roasted Walnuts – Lavender & Lovage
Smokey Maple Roasted Chickpeas - ActiFry Recipe
- 1 400 g tin chickpeas
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp onion granules
- ½ tsp freshly ground sea salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a sieve.
- Pour onto a plate covered with kitchen paper and rub thoroughly dry with more kitchen paper.
- Place the chickpeas in the ActiFry and set timer for 10 minutes, removing and shaking the pan half way through.
- Add the sesame oil, smoked paprika, onion powder, sea salt and pepper and set timer for 8 minutes, removing and shaking pan half way through.
- Finally drizzle the maple syrup over the chickpeas and set timer for 4 minutes, removing and shaking pan half way through.
- Chickpeas should be crispy on the outside and slightly soft on the inside, continue cooking if necessary until ready.
- Pour onto a plate and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe NotesTimings based on a Tefal ActiFry Express, other models will require longer cooking time. The chickpeas will clump together so shaking the pan is vital to get an even roast.
Why not pin for later: