My daughter has been nagging me for a long time to make pasta salad because if we’ve ever had to buy lunch out this is what she chooses over a sandwich. So one night feeling inspired I thought about what flavours would work well together and so my Chilli Prawn and Pasta Salad was born. I just love garlic and prawns and wanting to make the salad extra vitamin packed I added parsley and then for some kick I added the red chilli which all mingle so well with the avocado, peppers, spring onions and pasta.
I’m pleased to say the salad was a huge hit with its refreshing zing and we’ve had it a few times since I created it. You could play around with the ingredients upping the quantities and adding your own salad drawer items. One time I didn’t have any avocado so I used cucumber in instead. You could also add some halved cherry tomatoes or some toasted pinenuts – you really can play around with the components to suit your taste.
This salad would be perfect for a packed lunch too so why not make extra and save yourself some extra work! I do hope you try this simple but flavour packed refreshing salad as it ticks all the boxes in our household!
- 200g Prawns, cooked and peeled
- 300g Pasta shapes
- ½ Red pepper, chopped
- ½ Green pepper, chopped
- ½ Yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 3 - 4 Spring Onions, sliced
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- For dressing:
- 3 Heaped tsp chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. White wine vinegar
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- Pinch of brown sugar
- Freshly ground salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta according to instructions, drain and cool.
- Make the dressing by combining the parsley, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt & pepper in a lidded beaker and shake vigorously.
- Combine the chopped vegetables, chilli and prawns with the pasta, pour over the dressing and mix well.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Looking for more pasta salad inspiration? Then why not check out these recipes from fellow food bloggers.
Roast Pepper & Sundried Tomato Pasta Salad with Feta from Tinned Tomatoes
Italian Pasta Salad with Roasted Vegetables & Balsamic Dressing from Amuse Your Bouche
Greek “Salad” Pasta from Fuss Free Flavours
Chicken Pasta Salad from Hungry Healthy Happy
Ricotta & Pesto Pasta Salad from Utterly Scrummy
I’m entering my Chilli Prawn & Pasta Salad into the following blog events:
Tasty Tuesdays at Honest Mum
Recipe of the Week at A Mummy Too