It’s my pleasure to be hosting July’s Credit Crunch Munch which I run along with the lovely Helen of Fuss Free Flavours. This month anything frugal goes as usual but I’d love to see what bargains you can find in your local supermarket just before closing. With all the abundance of fruit and vegetables around right now there is even more potential to pick up a bargain and perhaps try something you would never ordinarily have bought! Last weekend I picked up over £20 worth of goods for just 24p and made this Green Soup with Sea Spaghetti, we’d never eaten seaweed before and it’s amazing the inspiration you get from doing your shop like this! It’s like doing your own version of Ready, Steady, Cook!
The usual inspiration list for Credit Crunch Munch is below
- Dishes using cheaper ingredients – cheap cuts of meat or vegetarian
- Meals using leftovers
- Meals using up the ends of packets
- Substitutions of cheaper ingredients
- Packed lunches
- Meals that use less energy to cook
- Pressure cooking
- Slow cooking
- Faster cooking – less oven time for example
- Batch cooking for the freezer
- Sustainable foods
- Food you have grown yourself
- Meals from reduced food in the supermarket
If you need more inspiration last month’s round up is on LINK TO COME
Credit Crunch Munch
To take part, simply blog about any money saving idea that is vaguely food related. We do a full round up so I will be mentioning all the recipes that are submitted.
There are a few rules
- Please link to the Credit Crunch Munch pages on Fuss Free Flavours (http://fussfreeflavours.com/credit-crunch-munch/ ) and Fab Food 4 All (http://www.fabfood4all.co.uk/credit-crunch-munch/ )
- Please link to the current host (well that’s me so that’s covered!)
- Please use the Credit Crunch Munch Badge
- Tweet using #creditcrunchmunch
- Closing date 31 July 2015.
- You are welcome to link up one or two old posts, but please republish them
- By entering you are agreeing to let us use an image from your entry on this site, and to pin to Pinterest
- If blogging a recipe from elsewhere on the internet or a book please be mindful of copyright
But feel free to
- Send to as many other events as you like, let’s help everyone save money!
If you’re cooking with seasonal ingredients then you could share your post with Simple & in Season and if you’re making a cheaper meal that includes an extra portion of veg then why not link up with the Extra Veg challenge. Finally if you’re using up leftovers then join in with No Waste Food Challenge. If you really want a challenge then why not create a recipe to fit in with all the these!
Tell me about your money saving ideas on the linky below! I am also making this a blog hop, so feel free to grab the code and add to your post too. Let’s spread the money saving meme!
We’ll be looking for guest hosts, so please mail Helen if you are interested. helen at fussfreeflavours dot com