I have never baked or cooked with peanut butter as I was quite late in my liking of the substance. So perusing the internet I noticed that there were a lot of peanut butter cookies out there and decided that the Zero Baking Required challenge being hosted by Sarah Trivuncic at Maison Cupcake was a good excuse to try out one of these recipes. With my daughter’s help I adapted slighty a recipe for Famous No-Bake Cookies from Diana’s Desserts with a recipe submitted by Ashlee. I think these cookies would be ideal for a picnic or kids party (check for allergies first) as they are like little miniature chocolate flapjacks!
First you add sugar, cocoa, butter and milk to a pan.
Melt the ingredients and then boil for 3 minutes.
Add the peanut butter, oats and vanilla extract.
Put spoonfuls of mixture onto greaseproof paper and allow to cool and harden.
- 375g Granulated or castor sugar
- 4 tblsp Cocoa
- 113g Butter
- 125ml Milk
- 120g Peanut butter
- 310g Oats
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- To a medium sized saucepan add the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk.
- Melt the ingredients together and then boil for 3 minutes exactly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, vanilla extract and oats.
- Drop spoonfuls onto greaseproof paper. You can make balls or flat cookies as you wish.
- Allow to cool and harden, about ½ and hour to an hour.