This month’s Credit Crunch Munch is a little late being posted but don’t let that stop you adding any frugal posts you’ve done this month. You also have until the end of April to add your entries. To further entice you there is a fabulous prize of £20 of goodies of your choice from Steenbergs Organic (UK delivery only) who sell everything from herbs and spices to health and beauty products.
As usual you can enter any type of dish you wish but I’d be particularly interested in seeing healthy dishes and maybe some salads as the weather starts to warm up (no doubt it’ll probably snow now)!
So on to the challenge, if you’re not familiar with it, it’s all about sharing how you can spend less or save money whilst still enjoying great food. Things to enter could be:
- Dishes using cheaper ingredients
- Cheap cuts of meat or vegetarian
- Meals using leftovers
- Meals using up the ends of packets
- Substitutions of cheaper ingredients
- Packed lunches
- Meals that use less energy to cook
- Pressure cooking
- Slow cooking
- Faster cooking – less oven time for example
- Batch cooking for the freezer
- Sustainable foods
- Food you have grown yourself
- Meals from reduced food in the supermarket
CREDIT CRUNCH MUNCH
To take part, simply blog about any money saving idea that is vaguely food related. There are a few rules:
- Please link to the Credit Crunch Munch pages on mine and Helen’s blogs
- Please link to the current host (well that’s me anyway)
- Please use the Credit Crunch Munch Badge
- Tweet using #creditcrunchmunch so that we can RT.
Closing date is 30 April 2014.
By entering you are agreeing to let us use an image from your entry on this site, and to pin to Pinterest.
Please be respectful of other people’s copyright when blogging. But feel free to send to as many other events as you like, let’s help everyone save money!
To enter just fill in the linky below which you can also share on your post if you wish. We’re looking for guest hosts, so please mail Helen you are interested. helen at fussfreeflavours dot com or myself in the contact form above or you can tweet myself & Helen if that’s easier:-)