This is not so much a recipe but just a simple way of jazzing up a plain croissant dough. Having woken up late today it was nearer to lunch time than breakfast so I decided that it was the perfect opportunity to try out my idea for Cheese and Ham and Almond Croissants. What could be nicer for a spot of brunch or even a packed lunch?
My children wolfed down the Cheese and Ham Croissants and even had a splodge of ketchup to go with them. It was only myself and my husband who liked the Almond Croissants though! The possibilities are endless so I hope I’ve inspired you to have a go with your own fillings!
The photos aren’t great as everyone just wanted to eat them so it was a case of shoot and go!
- Grated Emmental Cheese
- Tin of Croissant dough
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or according to pack instructions)
- Lay your croissant dough out and cut along serrations.
- Put your chosen fillings on the dough and roll up towards the pointed end.
- For the Cheese and Ham croissants sprinkle some cheese over the top
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes (or according to pack instructions).
- For the sweet ones a dusting of icing sugar would be good.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes before eating as fillings will be hot!