Chocolate & Pistachio Mousse is delicious, intensely chocolaty mousse with added pistachio paste – a match made in heaven!
At Christmas time (or whenever you are entertaining) you want as little stress and fuss in the kitchen as possible. So a great great dessert is one you can prepare ahead and just pull out of the fridge in its own serving dish and place on the table. Step up Chocolate & Pistachio Mousse! I remember as a child visiting my grandmother and more often than not dessert would be something she’d already prepared in a stemmed glass goblet. She knew that as we lived quite far away, time spent with us was more important than standing out in the kitchen!
So with this in mind I have given an old classic recipe from my school days a festive twist to bring you Chocolate & Pistachio Mousse.
Dark chocolate and pistachio nuts are very good for you and as there is a relatively small amount of cream and no sugar in this mousse I don’t think you need to feel too guilty about eating it!
It’s rich but it’s also crammed full of nutrients eg did you know that 100 g of dark chocolate provides 67% of your daily recommended intake of iron? Pistachios are a good source of copper, manganese, phosphorous and vitamin B6.
So at a time of year where you can feel quite run down I think this dessert is the perfect nutritional boost you need! Not only is it nutritious but it’s so delicious!
My family loved this Chocolate & Pistachio Mousse with it is intensely chocolatey flavour, subtle back note of pistachio and the vivid green chopped pistachios on top. In my grandmothers day her desserts usually had angelica and a glacé cherry adorning the whipped cream – I for one am glad we’ve moved away from that tradition. Did anyone ever enjoy eating angelica?
For more Mousse recipes check out the following:
- Foolproof Rich Chocolate Mousse
- White Chocolate & Strawberry Mousse
- Raspberry Mousse
- Mango, Coconut & Passion Fruit Mousse Verrines
- White Chocolate Mousse with Rose & Orange Blossom
I’m sure you’ll love this chocolate mousse, if you make it do share with me tagging @FabFood4All on social media or leave me a comment!
Pin for later!
Chocolate & Pistachio Mousse
- 100 g 70% Dark Chocolate
- 3 eggs separated
- 2 tbsp Double cream
- 1 tsp Green pistachio paste you could leave this out if wished
- Extra double cream whipped
- A few chopped green pistachios
- Melt the chocolate in a large bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Mix in the egg yolks.
- Take off the heat and stir in the double cream.
- Whisk the egg whites and fold in the pistachio paste.
- Then fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide between 4 glass stemmed dishes or ramekins.
- Chill for about 20 minutes before decorating with whipped double cream and chopped pistachios.
- Chill for at least 2 hrs before serving.