I have usually avoided minced lamb sticking to minced pork, turkey or beef. However when I saw 3 packs reduced to 4p from £4 recently I just had to buy them as this was a very unusual discount (the norm is 75% off in my local supermarket!) Rather than making something like Mousaka or Shepherd’s pie I wanted to make something quick and easy one night. I played it safe and made Rosemary & Garlic Lamb Burgers from BBC Good Food. They were such a success that I decided to make my own quick and easy lamb burgers the following week using Greek inspired ingredients ie olives and lemon! The family absolutely loved my Greek Lamb Burgers with Lemon Mayonnaise so this recipe will be made a lot I’m sure.
When I checked my receipt I noticed I’d got a £2 discount for buying the three packs of lamb so I had actually been paid £1.88 and had the lamb for free – that’s what I call a bargain! I think these burgers are the perfect meal in the run up to Christmas as it’s such a busy time and you can have them made in under 20 minutes!
Do you have a favourite recipe using minced lamb? Do let me know in the comments!
Greek Lamb Burgers with Lemon Mayonnaise
- 500 g Minced lamb
- 2 tsp Finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 14 Black olives finely sliced
- 1 tsp Rapeseed Oil
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- To serve:
- 4 Brioche buns
- Salad eg lettuce sliced tomato, sliced red onion.
- Place all the burger ingredients (excluding the oil) into a bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Divide into quarters and shape into 4 burgers.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a griddle pan and fry the burgers for about 12 minutes (until cooked through) turning every 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the mayonnaise and lemon juice together.
- Drain on a piece of kitchen paper.
- Serve the lamb burgers in brioche buns on a bed of salad and top with a spoonful of lemon mayonnaise.
I asked some fellow bloggers for their minced lamb recipes and here’s what they came up with:
Haggis Shepherd’s Pie with Scotch Lamb – Foodie Quine
Pastitsio Greek Macaroni Pie – Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf with a Honey Mustard Glaze – Kavey Eats
Greek Lamb and Feta Wrap Spirals – Eats Amazing