You may or may not be following my social media but if you do you will have seen my various fruit and vegetable bargains which I have been enjoying by just changing the time I go shopping. The result has been that we are eating a diet packed full of vegetables as lunchtimes tend to be veggie soups and dinnertimes are geared around what vegetables I have to hand. So my Chorizo & Green Bean Ragù was born as I had a packet of stringless green beans, a green pepper and some chorizo that needed using up! I hope I haven’t upset any Italians by calling this a ragù as Chorizo is Spanish so this dish is a fusion of cuisines!
I served the ragù on a bed of spaghetti and it went down extremely well with the whole family. Quick, tasty, delicious and nutritious, what more could you want from a dish?
For more green bean recipe inspiration you might like to check out these dishes:
French Bean, Tomato & Cumin Salad – Lancashire Food
Miso Potato Salad – Fuss Free Flavours
Fava Beans with Rice – Little Sunny Kitchen
Linguine con Verdure – A Mummy Too
As this dish uses seasonal stringless green beans I’m entering it into Simple and in Season run by Ren Behan as well as Extra Veg which is run by Fuss Free Flavours and Utterly Scrummy and being hosted by Jen’s Food this month. Finally I’m entering Pasta Please run by Tinned Tomatoes and this month hosted by A Mummy Too.
Chorizo & Green Bean Ragu
- 175 g Green beans I used stringless, slice diagonally
- 1 Green pepper chopped
- 150 g Cooking chorizo cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp Rapeseed oil
- 1 tblsp Tomato paste
- 150 mls water
- 390 g Carton tomatoes with onion & garlic
- Freshly ground pepper
- 350 g Spaghetti or pasta shapes
- Chopped parsley to garnish optional
- Heat the oil in a wok style pan and fry the chorizo until golden.
- Add the beans, green pepper and fry for a couple of minutes, stirring.
- Add the tomatoes with onion & garlic, tomato paste, water and ground pepper.
- Bring to the boil then lower to a simmer for 20 minutes until the beans are tender.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti or pasta according to instructions.
- Serve the ragù on a bed of pasta and garnish with chopped parsley if using.