Instant Orange Cheesecakes, an emergency dessert that can be made within minutes with just 4 ingredients and no compromise on taste.
Instant Orange Cheesecakes came about the other night when I was yet again posed with the question “what’s for pudding?”. I hadn’t made it to the shops, so after a rummage around the kitchen I concocted this pudding which is one step better than just having a digestive smothered in cream cheese with a bit of fruit or lemon curd on top.
You could make these cheesecakes before dinner so that the cream cheese topping sets but we ate them immediately and they were delicious. I will definitely be making these emergency puds again. They are slightly healthier than a normal cheesecake as there is no butter in the base but to shave off more calories you could always use low fat Digestives and light cream cheese.
I have to say that my 10 year old daughter is becoming a bit of a foodie in the kitchen as she suggested putting the orange zest into the cream cheese! I think another time I might try ginger nuts with a lemon topping oh the possibilities are endless!
As this dish is so frugal I am entering it into Credit Crunch Munch which is a challenge run by myself and Helen at Fuss Free Flavours and hosted this month by Sarah at Dinner with Crayons. Sarah is also running Dead Easy Desserts which have to be made in under 30 minutes over at Maison Cupcake so as this takes less than 10 minutes to make I’m entering this event too.
Instant Orange Cheesecakes
Instant Orange Cheesecakes, an emergency dessert that can be made within minutes with no compromise on taste. You’ll be hooked!
- 3 small oranges 2 juiced, 1 zested and segmented
- 8 Digestive biscuits or low fat ones
- 200 g cream cheese or light version
- 50 g caster sugar
- Place the Digestives in a food bag and crush with a rolling pin into fine crumbs.
- Divide the crumbs between 4 ramekins/mini soufflé dishes.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese, orange zest and gradually add the juice (depending on the yield of the oranges you might not need all the juice, you want a creamy consistency).
- Whisk in the sugar.
- Divide between the 4 dishes using the back of a spoon to smooth onto the biscuit base.
- Decorate with the orange segments.
- Serve immediately or chill until needed.