After making my Lemon & Elderflower Curd recently I knew the next step would be to make something with it so today I bring you my Lemon & Elderflower Curd Cupcakes. The curd is mixed into the cake mix and also spooned on top of the cupcakes before they are baked. As the cupcakes bake the curd sinks down to form a delicious pool of gooeyness! If you don’t have access to any elderflowers then I would suggest you just use my Granny’s Quick Lemon Curd instead which would be equally fabulous!
These Lemon & Elderflower Curd Cupcakes didn’t last long in our house and I can see them going on our regular bake list as they are so quick and easy to make. I just need to run down to the park to pick more Elderflowers before the season ends as I don’t have much curd left now!
Lemon & Elderflower Curd Cupcakes
- 110 g softened butter/buttery spread
- 110 g caster sugar
- 110 g self raising flour sieved
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon & elderflower curd
- 12 x ⅓ tsp lemon & elderflower curd
- icing sugar for dusting
- Place 12 cupcake cases into a cake tray.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl and cream together using an electric whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the flour gradually.
- Finally fold in 2 tbsp lemon & elderflower curd.
- Divide the mixture between 12 cupcake cases.
- Then place ⅓ tsp of lemon & elderflower curd into the centre of each case.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cakes are golden and spring back to the touch (or a cocktail stick comes out clean).
- Allow to cool on a rack and then dust with icing sugar.
For more curd recipe inspiration you might like the following recipes:
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Pancakes – Kitchen Sanctuary
Rhubarb & Ginger Pavlova – Foodie Quine
Clementine Curd Bread & Butter Pudding – Kavey Eats
Chocolate Chilli Cake – Tin & Thyme
Kiwi Satsuma Curd & a Kiwi Curd Eton Mess Dessert – BakingQueen74
As these Lemon & Elderflower Cupcakes are made with inexpensive, seasona and foraged ingredients I am entering them into:
Credit Crunch Munch which I run with Fuss Free Flavours and is this month hosted by Lancashire Food.
Simple & in Season run by Feeding Boys
Treat Petite run by Cakeyboi and The Baking Explorer
No Waste Food Challenge run by Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary and this month hosted by Utterly Scrummy
Love Cake run by Jibber Jabber
Do enter the #CreditCrunchMunch blog hop!