Quick Curried Cauliflower Soup is creamy, delicately spiced and delicious!
It’s definitely soup weather at the moment so I thought I’d create a vegetarian Quick Curried Cauliflower Soup. I’ve never really been a fan of cauliflower soup (mum used to do one with parsley and lemon juice), so spicing things up seemed the way to go.
As I had some coconut oil I decided that this would be perfect to add an exotic back note but if you don’t have any then just use whatever oil you have. I used mild curry powder as I think it’s just the right amount of heat to enhance the cauliflower flavour and not over power it. I also added cumin, coriander and turmeric along with some red chilli and garlic for greater depth of flavour.
The thing that really surprised me just was how creamy this soup was. My first attempt last week was more like a puree as I hadn’t realised quite how thick and creamy it would turn out.
So this week I upped the stock and milk content, tweaked the spices and got the perfect consistency and flavour. In fact hubby said my Quick Curried Cauliflower Soup was perfect and he doesn’t mince his words!
The garnish of dried crispy onions is a nod to onion bhajis which go hand in glove with curry in my eyes and go really well with this soup.
So many people seem to have flu or colds at the moment, I still haven’t shaken off the cold I got straight after Christmas, so if you have someone in your household suffering I think my Quick Curried Cauliflower Soup would be great as it’s so comforting and warming.
Do you like the china I used for this shoot? It’s all from my childhood, I was given the brown pottery tureen when I left home and was recently given the Brown Arabia china when mum was having a clear out.
I have vivid memories of Goulash being served in the tureen! Do you have dishes that were handed down to you? What do you remember being served in them?
More Soup Recipes
I do hope you make my Quick Curried Cauliflower Soup but for more curried or cauliflower soup inspiration you might like the following:
- Curried Parsnip & Coriander Soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Curried Root Vegetable Soup
- Creamy Vegetable Curry Soup
- Spiced Parsnip Spinach Soup with Apple & Turmeric
I’m sure you’ll love this quick cauliflower soup so don’t forget to leave a comment and rating when you make it. Plus you can share your photos with me by tagging @FabFood4All on social media as I love seeing my recipes come to life!
Pin for later!
Quick Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 medium sized red onions chopped
- 1 large red chilli seeds removed & finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves crushed
- 1 med/large head of cauliflower mine minus leaves weighed 770g
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 800 mls semi-skimmed milk or milk of your choice
- 800 mls vegetable stock made with 3 stock cubes
- freshly ground salt & pepper
- dried crispy onions
- Remove outer leaves from the cauliflower and split or cut into small florets or chunks and chop up the stalk.
- Put 3 tbsp coconut oil into a large pan and place over a medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, red chilli, garlic and cauliflower stirring well.
- Sweat the vegetables under a lid for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add another tbsp of coconut oil.
- Then add the curry powder, cumin, coriander and turmeric and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, milk, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, replace lid and continue simmering for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup with a stick blender (or preferred method).
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with a garnish of dried crispy onions.