In association with SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham
Time to celebrate the one true and original SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham
It’s that time of year when SPAM™ Fans across the UK get the opportunity to show their love for the original iconic meat SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham, during the annual SPAM® Appreciation Week (5th – 11th March).
SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham is made from a minimum of 90% shoulder pork and leg ham and once out of the can or tub, the versatile meat certainly makes more than just a square meal. SPAM® Can… be sliced, diced, chopped, grilled and fried to make delicious quick and easy meals and snacks. Why not try this delicious recipe for SPAM® Benedict with Mock Hollandaise Sauce from SPAM® to celebrate and show your appreciation!
Once you’ve made SPAM® Benedict with Mock Hollandaise Sauce you might also like to make:
- SPAM® Potato Rosti
- SPAM® Salad with Potato Rosti & Gruyere
- Chilli SPAM® & Eggs
- SPAM® Hawaiian Style Pizza
As part of the week-long celebrations, SPAM® Brand is giving you the chance to join in and win a limited edition SPAM® branded Under Armour jacket (worth £70) plus an apron (worth £20) for you to proudly wear in the kitchen.
You can also head over to www.spam-uk.com for a chance to win a European Weekend Break for two, with shopping vouchers and Limited Edition SPAM® Branded jackets for three runners up. Find out more, including how to enter, at www.spam-uk.com and use hashtag #SPAMweek2018 on @OfficialSPAMUK Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
So to win the Limited Edition SPAM® Branded jacket (in your size) and apron just finish the sentence “I’d like to win the Limited Edition SPAM® Branded Under Armour jacket and apron because ……” (in 8 words or more) via the rafflecopter below. If you leave a comment but don’t do it via the Rafflecopter you won’t have entered the draw.
Complete the Rafflecopter form to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, etc.
This giveaway will close at midnight on 01/04/17.
Please read the Terms and Conditions below.
Winner will be announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed.
First timers: Please watch How to Enter a Rafflecopter Giveaway (video)! It is 38 seconds long and explains everything.
If no Rafflecopter form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
Complete the Rafflecopter form or your entries will not go into the draw.
Mandatory entries need to be completed first so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
Do you want more chances to win? Come back daily and after tweeting about the giveaway fill the form in again.
Terms and conditions:
Only open to entrants from UK mainland over the age of 18.
There is 1 x Limited Edition SPAM® Branded jacket and apron rrp £90 to win. There’s no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using Rafflecopter and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 5 days then another winner will be picked.
The prize will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have e-mailed your delivery address.
I am running this giveaway on behalf of SPAM® Brand who will be responsible for sending out the prize in the size that you require.
Please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted if you haven’t as I will check and fairness is my middle name!
Pin for later?
For another chance to win the SPAM® branded Under Armour Jacket head over to Fuss Free Flavours where you’ll also find a recipe for SPAM® Hot & Spicy Avocado Toast!
Feeling lucky? Check out my Competitions page!
NB: This is a commissioned post, recipe and photographs courtesy of SPAM®.
SPAM® Benedict with Mock Hollandaise Sauce
- half a 340 g can of SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham or 1 x 200 g tub, cut into thick slices
- 2 fresh organic eggs
- 1 tbsp distilled vinegar
- 2 English muffins
- a little butter - optional
- a little freshly chopped parsley
For the Mock Hollandaise sauce
- 8 tbsp light mayonnaise
- ½ tsp English mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- a little milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Split and toast the muffins, spread with butter if using, put on serving plate and keep warm
- Dry fry the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham until golden, lay the cooked SPAM® on top of the toast and continue to keep warm
- In a small bowl whisk all the ingredients for the sauce. This should have a very soft dropping consistency
- Put a medium shallow pan of water on to boil along with the vinegar.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl.
- When the water is boiled carefully, reduce to a simmer and tip the egg into the pan, turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Take the egg out carefully with a slotted spoon, drain and place on top of the cooked sliced SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham and top with the Mock Hollandaise sauce.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.