Feeling like I had the beginnings of some fluey illness I really didn’t feel like cooking last night. My memory of a dish my mother used to make had been jogged recently and so I put in a quick call for a lesson on how to make said dish. As a child we regularly had Tagliatelle with Bacon, Mushrooms and Peas. I don’t usually buy double cream but it had come free with some strawberries so I knew I had just the right ingredients – well almost, I only had enough tagliatelle for two so opted for the linguine instead. I have to say it was just as delicious.
What’s your quick dish for those I can’t cook but I have to nights?
This Bacon, Mushroom and Pea Linguine is easy peasy, hey maybe it should be called Easy Peasy Linguine! So you fry your bacon, tip in your mushroom and garlic, fry a little longer and then add your peas and not long after your cream. Then toss together with the linguine. See, told you it was easy.
Now get your Parmesan out and give a generous grating!
Bacon, Mushroom and Pea Linguine
- 350 g Linguine
- 8 Rashers smoked bacon cut into strips
- 125 g Mushrooms sliced
- 200 g Petite Pois frozen
- 1-2 Cloves garlic
- ½ Small carton double or single cream 75ml
- Pepper freshly ground
- Parmesan freshly grated
- Put a pan of water on to cook the linguine according to their instructions.
- Fry the bacon until cooked.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and continue to fry until cooked.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season with plenty of pepper and stir in the cream.
- Heat through on a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Pour mixture over your drained linguine and toss together to combine. (You might want to pour the whole lot back into the frying pan to get an even mix).
- Serve with plenty of freshly grated Parmesan and a mixed salad.
You can also use smoked ham which you could fry with the mushrooms and if you don’t want to use mushrooms just up the quantity of peas to 300g.