My first recipe of the year is for a Black Forest & Banana Smoothie. I finally unpacked my birthday present from last month which was one of those bullet style smoothie makers which I found in a Black Friday sale. So after a forage into the freezer and finding a bag of frozen cherries I decided to do a Black Forest Smoothie with some chocolate nut spread but not wanting to add any additional sugar I decided to add half a banana which worked really well. My daughter loves making herself a chocolate milk after school so I made this for her as a healthier alternative.
As soon as she got home I poured her a glass of my Black Forest & Banana Smoothie and it immediately got her seal of approval and in no time there was an empty glass! This was much to my relief as my first attempt (which had me grinding some cacao nibs) was a complete disaster. Not wanting to waste good ingredients I got hubby to help me drink up the first attempt which was just a bit bitter and grainy, hence the chocolate nut spread idea!
Now I have a proper smoothie maker I will be making a lot more as up until now I have been using a variety of mixers and blenders which weren’t best suited. I do hope you try my smoothie or make it for your kids as a healthier treat!
For more smoothie inspiration you might like these recipes!
- 5-a-Day Fruit Smoothie – Fab Food 4 Al
- Matcha Green Tea Banana Smoothie – Fab Food 4 All
- Pineapple & Coconut Smoothie – Fab Food 4 All
- Golden Banana, Tumeric & Maple Syrup Smoothie – Kavey Eats
- Strawberry & Greek Yogurt Smoothie – Eats Amazing
- Summer Smoothie – Munchies & Munchkins
- Mango Carrot Smoothie – Tin & Thyme
Pin for later!
Black Forest & Banana Smoothie
- 85 g frozen cherries
- ½ large banana
- 1 ½ tbsp chocolate nut spread
- 200 mls semi-skimmed milk
- Place all the ingredients into your smoothie goblet or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve with a straw.