As we see in a new year it’s time to reflect on the last 12 months and share with you the Top 10 Recipes of 2016 plus fellow food bloggers’ top recipes .It’s been a really great year for Fab Food 4 All. I never imagined when I started this blog nearly 5 years ago that it would become my job but it did and I love it. Last month I was ranked Number 1 on Foodies 100 and that was a huge thrill as it’s something I always wanted to achieve but never knew if it would actually be possible. When I was at school I was very competitive when it came to Home Economics and our teacher Mrs Stevens spurred this on by having our weekly marks up on a board for all to see. I don’t think there were many weeks when I didn’t lead the board and so it wasn’t a surprise when I went on to win the school prize for Home Economics.
I’ve been looking at the Top 10 Recipes of 2016 on Fab Food 4 All and there seems to be a common thread linking every recipe, they’re all traditional British recipes and there’s a lot of comfort food there too. There’s also a lot of jam as this did become a passion of mine and still is despite only picking up my wooden jam spoon a few years ago. It really is never to late to learn a new skill and even when things go wrong it’s never a waste but a learning experience (I’m thinking of my runny Greengage jam earlier this year that I learned could be fixed)!
So without further ado here are the Top 10 Recipes of 2016 that got the most views:
1. Easy Blackberry & Apple Jam – think this has topped the chart every year!
2. Bacon & Potato Layer Bake – a dish I grew up with and adapted.
3. Damson Jam – made with Damsons from my parents’ garden!
4. Quick One Punnet Strawberry (1st prize winning) – inspired by the quick jams on Great British Bake Off!
5. One Pot Minced Beef Hotpot – inspired by Coronation Street and the first Hotpot I’d ever made!
6. ActiFry Chicken Thighs – possibly the easiest recipe ever and so versatile!
7. Nutella Brioche Pudding – the result of a bargain buy and even got published in The Guardian!
8. Plum & Apple Jam – such a beautiful colour and joyous delicate flavour.
9. Monday Pie – a quick and easy dish to use up your leftover roast beef from Sunday!
10. Bacon Roly Poly – a truly traditional recipe I adapted.
So that’s enough about me, let’s see what some of my fellow bloggers’ top read recipes of the year were!
Gin & Lime Marmalade – Feeding Boys
Slow Cooker Rolled Brisket with Red Wine & Thyme – Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
Slow Cooker Sausage Casserole – BakingQueen74
One Pot Vietnamese Beef Stew – Supergolden Bakes
Salt Beef, Bagels & Pickled Veggies – It’s not easy being greedy
Kavey’s Chicken Tarragon Pasta Bake – Kavey Eats
How to make Scotch Broth like a Scot – Farmersgirl Kitchen
Pickled Onions – The Crafty Larder
Courgette Polpette – Knead Whine
Blue Cheese Sauce – The Greedy Gourmet
Double Chocolate Malteser Traybake – Jo’s Kitchen
Cream Egg Cheesecake – Taming Twins
Rose Syrup and what to do with it – Tin & Thyme
Hot Cross Bun & Butter Pudding – Munchies & Munchkins
I hope you have enjoyed this round-up! It just remains for me to wish you all a very Happy New Year lets hope 2017 is a good one. Thank you for all your support whether you read my recipes, shared them with me on twitter, are a subscriber, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, G+, Flipboard or Tumblr. Without your support I wouldn’t be here doing a job I love so keep up the good work! And finally a big thank you to all the brands I have worked with over the last year and in particular Birds Eye as I used to work in their PR Department (back when it was Birds Eye Wall’s) so it was like going full circle:-)