Chicken Fiesta is similar to Coronation Chicken but is made with mayonnaise, curry paste, grapes, whipped cream & apricot jam. The perfect dish to serve at a buffet or Jubilee Street Party!
Today I’m sharing with you Chicken Fiesta, an old school recipe (similar to Coronation Chicken) that I have adapted over the years.
I can’t believe I’ve not shared this before! I make Chicken Fiesta every time I have some leftover chicken and grapes in the fridge.
I rarely ever add the cream and when I haven’t had apricot jam in the house I’ve used mango chutney which goes equally well.
I thought I’d share the original recipe with you along with my additions eg I usually use curry powder as I rarely have curry paste.
I usually use Chicken Fiesta as a sandwich filling as it’s not often have a lot of leftover chicken but recently I found myself with a large quantity so decided to serve it as a main meal together cold rice and I did add a splash of single cream as I happened to have some.
If you make the original recipe below your dish will look a lot creamier due to the addition of whipped cream.
I loved Chicken Fiesta so much when I was younger that I made it for my Home Economics A Level class leaver’s party as well as my 18th birthday.
In fact I made all the food for my 18th birthday dinner party and I remember one of my friends thinking that my mum had done the catering!
Can you spot the tinned salmon ring in the picture? I think that was the last time I used gelatine!
So if you’re having a dinner party or need to take a dish along to a buffet then I’d say make the recipe as it is below but if you just want a quick and tasty sandwich filling just use the recipe as a rough guide and cut out the cream!
More Buffet Recipe Ideas
For more buffet ideas you might like the following:
- Sweet Chilli Sausage Plait – Fab Food 4 All
- Chilli, Prawn & Pasta Salad – Fab Food 4 All
- Easy Cheesy Devilled Eggs – Fuss Free Flavours
- Smoked Mackeral Pate – Fab Food 4 All
- Leverpostej (Danish Liver Pate) – Fab Food 4 All
- Pearl Barley Salad with Scottish Salmon & a Whiskey Dressing – Foodie Quine
I do hope you try Chicken Fiesta as it’s an absolute favourite here and never ceases to bring smiles to the faces of my family!
Do leave a comment and rating below or share a pic on Instagram by tagging @FabFood4All as I love seeing my recipes come to life.
Pin for later!
Chicken Fiesta - delicious & fabulously versatile!
- 300 g leftover cooked chicken skin removed & chopped
- 100 g red & green seedless grapes halved
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 140 ml double or whipping cream whipped
- 2 tsp curry paste or curry powder to taste
- 1 tbsp apricot jam or mango chutney
- freshly ground salt & pepper
- In a large bowl mix together the mayonnaise, whipped cream, curry paste or curry powder and apricot jam or mango chutney.
- Fold in the chicken and grapes and season to taste.
- Serve with cold rice and salad or use as a sandwich filling if making a smaller quantity.