Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is out on Blu-ray and DVD 17th Feb and to celebrate I have a 3 DVDs to give away to 3 lucky readers. I can also share with you the specially created recipe for Hippo-Potatomus a great dish to make with the kids during half-term!
The movie picks up from the first one where Inventor Flint Lockwood thought he had saved the world when he destroyed his most infamous invention — a machine that turned water into food causing cheeseburger rain and spaghetti tornadoes. But Flint soon learns that his invention survived and is now combining food and animals to create – “foodimals!” Flint and his friends embark on an adventurously mouth-watering mission to battle hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, hippotatomuses, cheesepiders and other foodimals to save the world – again!
My daughter loved this movie when she saw it so I’m sure she’d love the DVD or Blue-ray with all the extra features they come with – perfect half-term viewing!
To win 1 of 3 Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 DVD’s just enter the rafflecopter at the bottom of this page and tell me what your favourite home movie snack is?
A Hippo-Potatomus is a delicious hollowed out potato skin filled with melted cheese and bacon pieces, served with a dollop of sour cream and spring onions.
- 7 Small Idaho potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- ½ Cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 Slices bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled
- ½ Cup sour cream
- 3 Spring onions
- Whole cloves
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Scrub potatoes and pierce a few times with a fork, place on a baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven, and let cool. When cool enough to handle, split each potato in half lengthways and scoop out the potatoes leaving a ¼ inch border around the edges. Reserve the potato flesh for another use (like mashed potatoes).
- Take one of the potato skins and cut out 12 small circles using a paring knife (about the size of your little finger nail). Set aside. Take 6 of the potato skins, and cut two small slits on top of the potato near to one end perpendicular to the cut edge. Insert the circles into the slots for ‘ears’. Stick two cloves just in front of the ears for eyes.
- Place the remaining potato skins, skin side down on a baking sheet. Place the halves with the ears and the eyes skin side up on the baking sheet. Brush the skins with melted butter and season the skin side down ones with salt and pepper. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- Sprinkle the bottoms (the halves that you baked skin side down) with the cheddar cheese, top with a spoonful of sour cream and sprinkle with the bacon.
- Cut the spring onions into ¼ inch lengths, and use two of them to create bottom ‘teeth’. Cut a tooth pick into ½ inch lengths; attach two cut spring onions to the upper half and place on top of a loaded potato skin. Repeat with remaining potato skins and serve immediately. Remove tooth picks and cloves from upper half before eating.
How to enter:
Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, etc.
This giveaway will close at midnight on 14/04/2013.
Please read the Terms and Conditions below.
Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
Complete the form answering the question – or your entries will not go into the draw.
Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
Do you want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
Terms and conditions:
Only open to UK participants over the age of 18.
There are 3 prizes of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 DVDs. There’s no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 5 days then another winner will be picked. The prize will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have e-mailed your delivery address.
Disclaimer: This Hippo-potatomus Recipe is a sponsored post and all views are my own.