In association with Heinz
There’s a new mayo on the market called Heinz [Seriously Good] Mayonnaise which is free of added colours, flavours or artificial thickeners as well as being made with free range eggs. To celebrate the launch Heinz have devised the [Seriously] Good Taste Challenge to create [Seriously] Good Spoonfuls.
Being half Danish my mind immediately went to Smørrebrød which we eat all the time but I rarely think to post. So my “tasty mouthful” is this Micro Quail Egg and Smoked Ham Danish Open Sandwich which would be great served as canapes for a party or it can easily be scaled up to a full size sandwich where you could use chicken eggs instead of quail’s eggs and full sized tomatoes.
I had already been using the Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise before this challenge came along and I have to say it’s really tasty! We get through multiple jars and squeezy bottle of mayonnaise here so it’s nice to have some more choice on the supermarket shelves. I do hope you try my Micro Quail Egg and Smoked Ham Danish Open Sandwich in some form or other and why not have go go at making your own “tasty mouthful”! What’s you favourite way to use mayonnaise? Do let me know in the comments!
Check out some more entries here:
- Rainbow Devilled Quails Eggs – Foodie Quine
- Potato Canapes with Bacon & Asparagus – Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
- Nori Wrapped Hot Smoked Salmon Cubes with Miso Mayonnaise – Kavey Eats
NB: This post commissioned by Heinz, all opinions are my own.
Micro Quail Egg & Smoked Ham Danish Open Sandwich
- 1 slice rye bread
- butter for spreading
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 quail egg hard boiled and peeled
- 1 cherry plum tomato
- Heinz Seriously Good Mayonnaise squeezy bottle
- 1 cocktail gherkin sliced almost to the end and fanned
- Danish onion salad crispies for sprinkling
- Using a spoon sized pastry cutter, cut out a circle of rye bread and butter it.
- Then cut out 2 circles of lettuce and lay on top.
- Cut out a circle of ham and place on top of lettuce.
- Slice up quail egg and cherry plum tomato and then place alternate slices on top of the ham in a circle
- Squeeze a little Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise over the top.
- Sprinkle on the onion salad crispies and finish off with the fanned cocktail gherkin.
- Place on a spoon or would be equally good served on a tray as canapes!