In associatin with Bertolli
I love pasta dishes and I have a few that I fall back on time and again which rely on mainly store cupboard ingredients, great for those days when you haven’t had time to plan anything! So when Bertolli asked if I’d like to recreate one of their many fabulous pasta dishes I made a beeline for this Italian Tomato Spaghetti which is so quick and easy and makes great use of store cupboard ingredients! This puttanesca style tomato sauce is packed full of anchovies, olives, capers and garlic for a really authentic Italian flavour. The recipe uses Bertolli Original Spread which is made with olive oil and it gives a lovely creaminess to the flavour. Did you know Bertolli contains 74% less saturated fat than butter?
My family loved this Italian Tomato Spaghetti and the only thing I added to it was a dash of black pepper as we do like our pepper but if you don’t then you could leave it out! I have to say I have been a late comer to the caper and anchovy party but now I can’t have enough of them! I will definitely be making this dish regularly as it is so simple to make and uses ingredients I usually have to hand. Do check out the Bertolli pasta recipe page as there are so many other quick and delicious meal ideas!
Italian Tomato Spaghetti with Bertolli
- 55 g Bertolli Original Spread
- 2 tsp grated garlic
- 50 g tin anchovy fillets in olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers
- 85 g pitted black olives
- 400 g tin Italian chopped tomatoes
- 350 g Italian spaghetti or other pasta
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh curly parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat the Bertolli spread in a saucepan over a medium heat and sauté the garlic and anchovies until soft.
- Add capers, olives, tomatoes and freshly ground pepper and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti or pasta according to their instructions. Drain.
- Add the spaghetti to the sauce and toss well together.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
What’s your go to pasta dish? Do tell me in the comments below! For more Bertolli pasta inspiration you can check how fellow bloggers got on with these recipes!
Gennaro’s Easy Pancetta Pasta with Peas
Genaro’s Tagliatelle Pasta Recipe with Garlic Mushrooms
Four Cheese Pasta with Basil Bertolli Butter and Sweet Roast Tomatoes
Pasta al Norma
Smoked Salmon & Leek Macaroni Cheese
Why not pin this for later!
NB: This is a commissioned post for Bertolli and all opinions are my own.