It’s too hot, the kids are on their summer break and you really want to be spending as little time in the kitchen as possible, well help is at hand with my simple vegetarian 10 Minute Mushroom Pasta.
My daughter went on a trip to Wales with her school recently and so my hubby and son decided they wanted to get a kebab. Not being a fan of kebabs this left me with no other choice than to rustle up something for myself. After a quick fridge and cupboard raid I chucked a few ingredients together crossing my fingers that my efforts would be OK. Well they were more than OK and my dinner was ready in a little over 10 minutes just as the boys got back with their kebabs!
Of course both of them were curious about my dinner and tried some saying “you can make that again” so make it again I did for all of us. My first version was creamier than the pictures show so you can tailor the dish to your taste accordingly. My daughter, who had missed out the first time round, gave my 10 Minute Mushroom Pasta a big thumbs up and as my son had gone out last night (for a kebab with his friends funnily enough) she tucked into seconds with huge enthusiasm!
For more speedy pasta dishes you might like the following:
Tenderstem, Garlic & Chilli Spaghetti – Fab Food 4 All
Lemon and Artichoke Pasta – Amuse your Bouche
Creamy Spinach Pasta – Coriander Queen
Simple Tomato & Basil Pasta – Lovely Appetite
15 Minute Creamy Cheese & Black Pepper Pasta – Recipes from a Pantry
Black Garlic, Mushroom and Cream Penne Pasta – Kavey Eats
Smoked Trout & Green Veggie Pasta – Penelope’s Pantry
Why not pin for later!
10 Minute Mushroom Pasta - a fab family meal!
- 350 g Fusilli or other pasta shapes
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tsps minced garlic from a jar
- 250 g mushrooms sliced
- 200 - 250 g light cream cheese
- 8 - 9 tbsp tomato & chilli pesto
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cook the pasta according to their instructions.
- Meanwhile heat the oil over a medium heat in a large non stick wok style pan.
- Add the minced garlic and mushrooms and fry for about 6 minutes turning occasionally until cooked through and started to turn golden.
- Stir in the cream cheese, pesto and pepper and heat through for 4 minutes.
- Tip in the cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve with a mixed salad.