Last night I threw this dish together as I had a pack of Tenderstem Broccoli that needed using up. I wanted to make something quick so my first though was pasta! I then remembered a lovely pasta dish I once had in Carluccios many years ago for a mum’s night out, it was just chilli, garlic and pasta from what I remember (this goes back about 8 years). So with that food memory my Tenderstem Broccoli, Chilli and Garlic Spaghetti dish came to be!
I called my family down for dinner and 3 happy dinners announced that the dish was delicious and in no time all our plates were empty. I’ll definitely be making this vegan Tenderstem Broccoli, Chilli and Garlic Spaghetti again as it only takes 20 minutes to make. Plus hubby didn’t even say where’s the meat!
For more Tenderstem Broccoli and vegetarian pasta inspiration you might like:
Tenderstem & Semi-Confit Tomato Salad from Fuss Free Flavours
Unami Roasted Cauliflower Pasta from Food to Glow
15 Minute Creamy Pasta Primavera from Amuse Your Bouche
Brussels Sprout & Cranberry Pasta Bake from Foodie Quine.
Tenderstem Broccoli, Chilli and Garlic Spaghetti
- 350 g Spaghetti
- 450 g Tenderstem broccoli stems cut into 3 pieces
- 4 tblsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Red chilli halved and finely sliced
- 4 Cloves garlic crushed
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Finely grated vegan hard cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the Tenderstem broccoli for 3 minutes (no longer).
- Meanwhile gently heat the oil in a pan (a wok is ideal) and add the garlic and chilli to heat through.
- Drain the Tenderstem broccoli and toss in the oil mixture.
- Add the drained spaghetti, salt and pepper and toss again.
Finally serve with plenty of vegan hard cheese.