In association with Skippy
We love peanut butter in our household and the chunkier the better! So to celebrate British Sandwich Week (8 – 14 May) I’ve teamed up with Skippy who have been manufacturing peanut butter in the USA since 1932. Our tastes in sandwiches have changed over the years with just 57% of sales going to the traditional triangular variety. So with this in mind I thought I’d bring you my Peanut Butter and Banana Gluten Free Wrap n Rolls with a touch of maple syrup.
My kids had been dying to tuck into the Skippy peanut butter since it arrived but I had to tell them it was strictly off limits until I had made my sandwich with it! So once I had, as soon as my daughter got home from school she immediately set about recreating my wrap n rolls and gave them a huge thumbs up! Hubby and son have more conservative taste so weren’t so keen but as my daughter and I are partial to a banana sandwich this was right up our street! I think these wrap n rolls are a great alternative to have in your lunch box as a sweet treat rather than cake or biscuits and are also a great healthy snack for kids. I can imagine them working really well with sliced apple too.
One thing everyone did agree on was how delicious the Skippy Super Chunk peanut butter was and we’re all about chunky peanut butter here. The chunks of peanut were much bigger than any chunky peanut butter we’d ever had before which made it extra delicious. So having escaped my radar before I will now be looking out for Skippy when I next go shopping!
What’s your favourite peanut butter sandwich combination or do you just prefer on its own like the men in my family?
Peanut Butter and Banana Gluten Free Wrap n Rolls
- 1 Gluten Free Wrap rectangular
- 3 – 4 tbsp Skippy Super Chunk peanut butter
- ½ Small banana finely sliced
- Maple syrup for drizzling
- Place the wrap on a board and spread the peanut butter on evenly leaving a gap at either end (the width of your banana).
- Lay the banana slices in rows over the peanut butter.
- Drizzle a scant amount of maple syrup over the banana slices.
- Fold the short end of the wrap over the first row of banana slices and continue to tightly roll into a sausage.
- Cut the wrap into 4 even sections and secure each with a cocktail stick.
I do hope you try my Peanut Butter and Banana Gluten Free Wrap n Rolls and if you’re looking for more inspiration you might like to try these recipes:
Peanut Butter ,Jelly, Chocolate & Banana Quesadillas – Fuss Free Flavours
Chicken Plantain Sandwich – Recipes from a Pantry
Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam Darayaki – Foodie Quine
Houmous with Peanut Butter – Fab Food 4 All
NB: This is a commissioned post for Skippy, all opinions are my own.