Sponsored by Oreo
Peanut Butter & Golden Oreo Pudding is delicious combination of Oreos, coffee, whisky and cream which combine to form this easy, yet impressive dessert. Perfect for a dinner party.
I have received product from Oreo for this post. It is an entry to the Foodies100 Wonderfilled recipe challenge sponsored by Oreo, which marks the launch of two exciting new flavours: Peanut Butter and Golden. The delicious new flavours are available in all major supermarkets at an RRP of £1.08. To find out more, visit www.facebook.com/oreo
Peanut Butter & Golden Oreo Pudding
There has been much excitement in our household, well mainly from my daughter, as she is probably Oreo’s number one fan. So when I heard about this challenge to come up with a recipe I simply knew I had to do it or she would never forgive me! The Oreos sat on the side for a number of days whilst I racked my brain for inspiration. I had so many ideas and even started to dream about them. In the end I found it difficult to settle with just one idea!
Eventually I came up with Peanut Butter & Golden Oreo Pudding based on a retro recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Pudding. I had seen this over the years and heard much talk of it over social media but had never attempted myself. The basic premise is coffee soaked biscuits covered in cream but the biscuits take on a whole new persona and the cream layer in the Oreos adds a whole new yummy dimension. So my Peanut Butter & Golden Oreo Pudding was born and for a twist I added whisky for an Irish Coffee feel but that’s completely optional if you are serving to a young audience but otherwise great for a dinner party! In fact you could add whatever liquor you wish!
So once I’d opened the Oreos and made my pudding it was time for taste testing as my daughter had been champing at the bit for days so it was time to put her out of her misery. She made a bee line for the Limited Edition Peanut Butter Oreos first and I just watched her eat one with a huge grin on her face. “How are they?” I asked “really good!” she said and then proceeded to try a Golden Oreo which she likened to an Oreo version of a Custard Cream with equal enthusiasm!
But back to my Oreo pudding, oh my it was astoundingly good! I would highly recommend it as all the flavours married off so well, the rich Oreo middle with the coffee and whisky contrasted perfectly with the cream, honey roasted peanuts and grated chocolate. The effort to glory ratio is in full throttle in this pudding! We had it with a few strawberries which were the perfect accompaniment!
A couple of days later we had a BBQ and for a bit of fun I thought I’d put one of the other ideas I’d had into practice, a Peanut Butter & Jelly Oreo S’more using some of my homemade Raspberry & Blackcurrant Jam. This worked so well – a perfect match and a classic flavour combination. Just BBQ your marshmallow, place in a Peanut Butter Oreo with a teaspoon of jam, close and enjoy!
Do you have a favourite Oreo dessert? If so do let me know in the comments below!
This has become my go to easy dinner party dessert so I thoroughly recommend it!
For more Oreo dessert recipes check out the following:
- Banoreo Cheesecake – Fab Food 4 All
- Oreo Nutella Ice Cream Cake – Kerry Cooks
- Slow Cooker White Chocolate Oreo Blondies – BakingQueen74
- Hidden Oreo Cupcakes – Sophie Loves Food
- Peanut Butter Oreo Moon Rocks – Utterly Scrummy Food for Families
- Peanut Butter Oreo Crumble Cake – Anne’s Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Oreo Milkshake – Foodie Quine
- Oreo Icebox Cake – Little Sunny Kitchen
Pin my Peanut Butter & Golden Oreo Pudding for later!
NB: This is a commissioned post.
Peanut Butter & Golden Oreo Pudding
A delicious combination of Oreos, coffee, whisky and cream combine to form this easy, yet impressive dessert - perfect for a dinner party.
- 1 small tea cup of strong coffee instant is fine
- 1 - 2 tbsp Whisky optional
- 300 mls Whipping cream
- 8 Golden Oreos
- 8 Peanut Oreos
- 15 g Grated dark chocolate
- 15 g Honey roasted peanuts
- Make up the coffee with hot water adding the whisky if using.
- Whip the cream until it will hold peaks (careful not to over whip, you don't want it going grainy).
- Dip each Oreo into the coffee for a couple of seconds (no longer or they will get too soggy) and lay flat on a board to cool down.
- Now spread a fairly generous layer of cream on the first Oreo and stack alternated flavoured Oreos on their side with a covering of cream on a serving platter until you have what looks like a caterpillar. (Using a spatula to manoeuvre the Oreos helps keep their shape as they are quite soft by now).
- Cover and place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Spread the rest of the whipped cream over the Oreo caterpillar with a palette knife.
- Sprinkle over the honey roasted peanuts followed by the grated chocolate. (I use a vegetable peeler to grate the chocolate straight from the bar, 15g is one strip).
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Cut on the diagonal to show off those lovely stripy layers of Oreo.
- A few strawberries on the side go very well with this pudding.
You can use any combination of Oreo flavours you like but the contrasting colours look best!