Simple Fat Free Spinach Soup does what it says on the tin! Super healthy, easy to make and delicious – what’s not to love?
Sometimes you know you have been over indulging in the wrong types of food and you just want to put the brakes on and treat your body to something really nutritious, tasty and simple. So with this in mind I made this Simple Fat Free Spinach Soup the other day.
I thought I’d try making a soup without any fat to see if it was possible to make something tasty without it. Hubby and I sat down to a couple of bowls of my soup over lunch and he didn’t even realise there wasn’t any butter or oil in it and really enjoyed it.
A really useful thing I learned in Home-Economics at school was to always eat iron rich leafy vegetables with something rich in vitamin C like a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice to allow the body to absorb more iron. There’s a long winded scientific explanation but I think that will suffice! So for a really healthy lunch squeeze yourself a couple of oranges and revel in your saintliness!
So whether you’re on a diet, a vegan or just want to treat your body to a nutrient packed lunch I’d urge you to try this soup for yourself. Feeling good often starts from the inside!
For some more healthy soups check out the following:
- Quick Spinach Soup – Fab Food 4 All
- Spinach & Butternut Squash Soup – Fab Food 4 All
- Carrot & Coriander Soup – Fab Food 4 All
- Ginger Spinach Soup – Recipes from a Pantry
- Quick Green Freezer Soup – Tinned Tomatoes
- Clear Veg Soup – Travels for Taste
- 5 Minute Soup – Utterly Scrummy
Pin my vegan spinach soup for later!
Simple Fat Free Spinach Soup
- 1 Onion roughly chopped
- 2 Small potatoes roughly chopped
- 275 g Baby leaf spinach washed
- 1 Garlic clove crushed
- 600 mls Vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg to garnish optional
- Place all the ingredients (except the nutmeg) into a large pan, bring to a simmer (lid on) and time for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup with stick blender or liquidiser, adjust seasoning and serve with a grating of nutmeg.
- If you have a soup maker you could easily make this soup in one!