Having over-looked some strawberries in the fridge last weekend and feeling under pressure to use them as soon as possible I decided to make a milk shake with some of them. My daughter loves milkshakes and they usually involve bananas as strawberries tend to just get eaten whole here (or made into jam)! To give the milkshake a tropical flavour I decided to add some coconut paste which worked really well. I also used some clotted cream ice cream but any premium vanilla ice cream would be suitable.
The resulting Strawberry & Coconut Milkshake was absolutely delicious and I shall certainly be making it again soon. I’m sure frozen strawberries would work really well too and would also work out cheaper.
More shakes & smoothies!
Once you’ve made my Strawberry & Coconut Milkshake I’m sure you’ll want to make more so check out the following amazing recipes:
- Banana, Walnut & Honey Shake
- Banana & Cacao Shake
- Matcha Green Tea Banana Smoothie
- Guava Coconut Mocktail
- Apricot & Mango Milkshake
- Coconut Pineapple Banana Smoothie
As strawberries are now in season I am entering my Strawberry & Coconut Milkshake into Simple and in Season run by Ren Behan and hosted this month by Fuss Free Flavours. I am also entering Credit Crunch Munch as this milkshake is much cheaper to make at home than to buy out, which I run with Fuss Free Flavours and is hosted this month by Utterly Scrummy Food for Families.
Strawberry and Coconut Milkshake
- 115 g Strawberries hulled
- 90 g Vanilla ice cream good quality
- 90 mls Milk
- ¼ - ½ tsp Coconut extract paste or according to taste
- 1 ½ tsp Caster sugar
- Slice of strawberry
- Place the ingredients into a beaker and blend with stick blender (or use a blender) until smooth and frothy.
- Serve in a tall glass with a slice of strawberry to garnish.