Banana, Honey and Walnut Shake is both nutritious and delicious! Great as a snack or quick breakfast plus perfect for students as contains memory boosting ingredients!
My daughter loves bananas and she loves milk so that’s how this Banana, Honey and Walnut Shake came about!
Now I didn’t know whether to call it a “Milkshake” or a “Smoothie” and after researching the subject felt none the wiser as my milky drink didn’t really fit into the description of either camp! The first apparently contains ice cream and the latter is non-dairy!
I did ask my followers on Twitter for their help and everyone had a definite idea of which camp my shake fell into but opinion was equally divided!
Hence I settled for “Shake” as it just got far too confusing!
Anyway, whether it’s an after school pick me up for your kids or a quick breakfast to boost your energy levels and nutrients for the morning this shake is a real winner.
Bananas contain potassium which aid concentration so if someone in your household is doing exams this would be the perfect snack between bouts of revising.
Walnuts are magical too with their high levels a type of vitamin E beneficial to heart health plus their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant phytonutrients have been shown to decrease the risk of certain cancers including prostate and breast cancer.
Stop press: just made another shake to have whilst writing this post and hubby said “you can make this again”!
For more milkshake and smoothie inspiration check out:
- Matcha Green Tea Banana Smoothie
- 5-a-Day Fruit Smoothie
- Banana & Cacao Milkshake
- Strawberry & Coconut Milkshake
- Coconut Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- Mangolicious Shake
- Healthier S’mores Smoothie
I’m sure you and your family will love my Banana, Honey and Walnut Milkshake so do leave a comment and rating below! You can also share a snap with me by tagging @FabFood4All on social media.
Pin for later!
Banana, Honey and Walnut Shake
- 1 large frozen ripe banana or fresh if you don’t have frozen, peeled & chopped
- 1 tablespoon runny honey or to taste
- 1 small handful walnuts
- 200 ml semi-skimmed milk
- extra honey for drizzling optional
- Put all the ingredients into a blender (I like to use my stick blender and beaker) and whizz until smooth.
- If using a fresh banana put in fridge for a few minutes to chill before serving (if you wish). Don’t leave for too long or it will go brown, same great taste just not so pretty!
- Serve with a drizzle of honey if you’re feeling fancy!