Feeling like I had the beginnings of some fluey illness I really didn’t feel like cooking last night. My memory of a dish my mother used to make had been jogged recently and so I put in a quick call for a lesson on how to make said dish. As a child we regularly had Tagliatelle with Bacon, Mushrooms and Peas. I never normally buy double cream but it had come free with some strawberries so I knew I had just the right ingredients – well almost, I only had enough tagliatelle for two so opted for the linguine instead. I have to say it was just as delicious.
What’s your quick dish for those I can’t cook but I have to nights?
This dish is easy peasy, hey maybe it should be called Easy Peasy Linguine! So you fry your bacon, tip in your mushroom and garlic, fry a little longer and then add your peas and not long after your cream. Then toss together with the linguine. See, told you it was easy.
Now get your Parmesan out and give a generous grating!
- 350g Linguine
- 8 Rashers smoked bacon, cut into strips
- 125g Mushrooms, sliced
- 200g Petite Pois, frozen
- 1-2 Cloves garlic
- ½ Small carton double or single cream (75ml)
- Pepper, freshly ground
- Parmesan, freshly grated
- Put a pan of water on to cook the linguine according to their instructions.
- Fry the bacon until cooked.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and continue to fry until cooked.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season with plenty of pepper and stir in the cream.
- Heat through on a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Pour mixture over your drained linguine and toss together to combine. (You might want to pour the whole lot back into the frying pan to get an even mix).
- Serve with plenty of freshly grated Parmesan and a mixed salad.